Monday, March 28, 2011

Selita Ebanks and Tika Sumpter Hit Rebecca Taylor's NYC Store Opening

Filed under:

Fashionistas braved a hailstorm last night in New York City to make it out to the opening of designer Rebecca Taylor's new store in the Meatpacking District, an area known for its great shopping. Among the stylish crowd shopping for spring staples, BV on Style spotted Tika Sumpter, the breakout star of 'Gossip Girl' and 'The Game' and supermodel Selita Ebanks.

Tika, who looked lovely in a vintage-inspired Rebecca Taylor floppy hat and belted maxi dress, spoke about her style icons.

"I love Cher and Diana Ross, so I'm glad that bell bottoms and high-waisted pants are coming back," she says. "That's my style! And I love clothing that flows. When I'm comfortable in it, I'm confident."

The gorgeous actress had one thing on her mind when it comes to spring fashion: color! "I'm a color girl. Every single day I'm wearing a bright color!" Why not brighten up your wardrobe, even when the weather can't seem to get on spring's program just yet?

BV on Style also caught up with Victoria's Secret model Selita Ebanks, who was sporting an adorable new bob haircut and a ladylike floral and polka-dot dress. Selita, who's known for her fabulous fashion choices, was excited about wearing Rebecca Taylor in the spring.

"This store has everything I'm feeling for the spring," says Selita. "It's a very a '70's hippie vibe. Fun, light and flirty. Sexy, but still conservative."

Speaking of conservative, the model hopes a new trend will catch on when it comes to women's fashion.

"I'm all about the mid-calf skirts right now. It's a breath of fresh air. You can be a lady and look nice going out without having to wear mini skirts."

Selita has been seen quite a few times hanging close to fellow fashion lover Kanye West since her collaboration with him on his 'Runaway' video.

"It was an amazing experience. For those four days, you get to live inside of his head and he's incredible. He allowed me to just do my thing."

And we think she's doing her thing well!

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments



Source: http://www.bvonstyle.com/2011/03/24/selita-ebanks-and-tika-sumpter-hit-rebecca-taylors-store-openin/

Amy Cobb Amy Smart Ana Beatriz Barros Ana Hickmann Ana Ivanovi

No comments:

Post a Comment